HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Why Macs sucks donkey balls.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
08jackt

PostSubject: Why Macs sucks donkey balls.   Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:55 am

1) Macs are ridiculously over priced.
Macs have to have such high prices because they share a very small market of the computer market; the monopoly of course belongs to Windows. For example, you can get a $500 Compaq Presario notebook or a MacBook with the same specs for $1200.
PCs are expandable and upgradeable
PCs have a larger cross section of part available that are as good if not better then those provided by the manufacture.
AAC sounds like shit, and so does mp3
AAC sounds more like your listening to music at a dance club. Way to much treble and bass not enough mid range sounds. You really have no other choice in codec’s. So your pretty much screwed.

2) Options
With a PC you get options. Don’t like Windows Media Player then try VLC, don’t like that then try something else. With a Mac there well iTunes. The biggest pill o’ crap I have ever seen. Always screws up your file structure. Pain in the ass to work with when trying to copy over files to the iPod. All in all it just sucks.

3) Customizable
You really can’t do any cool customizations to a Mac. You can what change out the Apple colors. With a PC you can do sweet mods like shoving a computer into a pumpkin just for the hell of it, or even making your laptop look like the souls of the dead are trying to escape. You never see any of this stuff for a Mac because it would be a waste to try. Be out $2k just to do something small, and if it breaks well your out. With a PC you would maybe spend $400-$500 on a base computer. If you have monitors.

4) Maximizing
In windows when you maximize it take up the screen. On a Mac it leaves holes and gaps everywhere. All this means is when I click some place I’m more likely to pull up another window that I didn’t want. I don’t know about you but at any give time I have probable 8 windows open and that’s not counting my FireFox tabs. And when you get on a roll writing some code the last thing you want is to click something and have it appear right in your face and make you loose your momentum.

5)Closing Programs
When you go to close a program on a Mac it doesn’t really close. Whats this lead to wasted CPU processes and resources. When I close something I want it to close not just sit there.

6) Alt-Tab(command-tab)
When using alt-tab on a Mac it only shuffles the minimized programs not the current displaying programs. So what if I got 5 chats open and I want to switch. You take this and the closing programs and you got a pain in the ass as well to try and switch quickly between programs.
7) Too many command keys
Function, control, alt, option, and command (which used to be called open apple and is sometimes referred to by its symbol). Which one do I use to right-click again? Which one makes the delete button delete? Surely we can get rid of one or two of these.
No dedicated Page Up, Page Down, Home, and End keys
Enough said. How can you not have those keys. If you work in a terminal at all they are so nice to have, or if you have to go through pages of documents. You just can’t have them.

Cool Clock sucks
It really sucks. Sun 10:00 AM. I want to know the date – I know it’s Sunday, for crying out loud. Maybe I can change the format. Let’s go look. Nope, but I can add seconds or flashing separators. Who needs the date when you can make those colons flash?
(My Linux clock not only shows me some useful information, but I can also get a quick glimpse of the calendar by clicking it. Sorry Mac, but the Linux clock kicks your clock’s ass.)

9) Safari Sucks
Safari was released three years ago. I still can’t tab to a select list. But, to be fair, that’s probably really hard to do.

10) GAMES
This would be my number one reason I hate the Mac. There are zero games. Yet alone you really have shit for graphics processing to handle the games. The last real game was World of Warcraft that you could play on the Mac and even then WOW disappointed me (Longtime EQ player, would take me pages to describe my disappointment.). Personal I would want to be able to play a game on a computer that I paid $2000 for being that the tower I got now was that much and I have dual screens and at the time on of the best graphics cards on the market, and it looks way cooler then any of that Mac crap.

Taken From Here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://syn-inc.webs.com
ihaveamac

PostSubject: Re: Why Macs sucks donkey balls.   Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:20 pm

You have made the biggest error in all your forum life. (wut)

Macs can run Windows.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joeisawesome
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why Macs sucks donkey balls.   Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:32 pm

ihaveamac wrote:

Macs can run Windows.
QFT.

I still hate macs.

PostSubject: Re: Why Macs sucks donkey balls.   Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:14 pm

wtf? most of this is the same bullshit they said 3 YEARS ago. you know my mouse? look at this mother fucker:

see that? left and right clicks, scrolls every direction, and has back and forward browser capabilities.

heres something people dont get:

MACS ARE CUSTOMIZABLE.
if your too stupid to figure out how to customize them, or use itunes, or replace itunes, or practically ANYTHING on that list, its your fault. dont blame apple.

macs for computer n00bs:"its a simple to use and shit! awesome!"
macs for people who KNOW how to use them good, and program:"wow, i can do anything from any platform on here! nice shit!"

macs are bad for people like you. who aren't the kind of people who are willing to work for what they want, and try to figure out how to do it.

on this mac i have windows, linux backtrack (offensive security training FTW!), and mac osx. any of them are easily bootable, just need to restart, choose the program, and BAM. i have that OS running, just like it would on it's native machine, but at the machine its on's native speed. (AKA way faster with way less)

so, why are you saying that your stupid, and you cant use a mac?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://scratchstuff.weebly.com
08jackt

PostSubject: Re: Why Macs sucks donkey balls.   Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:23 am

i've heard mac mouses fuck up easily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://syn-inc.webs.com
ihaveamac

PostSubject: Re: Why Macs sucks donkey balls.   Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:51 pm

And they are so customizable.

My dad has a macbook...AND a mouse with it. year old. Almost 2. Works like new.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trollathon

PostSubject: Re: Why Macs sucks donkey balls.   Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:02 pm

08jackt wrote:
i've heard mac mouses fuck up easily.

wtc? no they dont.... wtf?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://scratchstuff.weebly.com
throughthefire

PostSubject: Re: Why Macs sucks donkey balls.   Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:42 pm

I don't like macs because they're expensive, you have to use ITUNES (probably THE worst decicion apple has ever made) to import AND export everything, and I personally think PCs are easier to use.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Usatt1337

PostSubject: Re: Why Macs sucks donkey balls.   Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:25 pm

ihaveamac wrote:

Macs can run Windows.
True, but you have to pay money to do it. Theres a reason that windows doesnt run Mac, BECAUSE IT DOES SUCK.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ihaveamac

PostSubject: Re: Why Macs sucks donkey balls.   Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:03 am

Usatt1337 wrote:
ihaveamac wrote:

Macs can run Windows.
True, but you have to pay money to do it. Theres a reason that windows doesnt run Mac, BECAUSE IT DOES SUCK.
Buy windows and you're ready. Apple's BootCamp does dualbooting and is free.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
throughthefire

PostSubject: Re: Why Macs sucks donkey balls.   Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:58 am

ihaveamac wrote:
Usatt1337 wrote:
ihaveamac wrote:

Macs can run Windows.
You don's even have to BUY windows! There are free versions online!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aidan

PostSubject: Re: Why Macs sucks donkey balls.   Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:25 pm

throughthefire wrote:
ihaveamac wrote:
Usatt1337 wrote:
ihaveamac wrote:

Macs can run Windows.
You don's even have to BUY windows! There are free versions online!
But they're illegal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://octopode.webs.com/
joeisawesome
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why Macs sucks donkey balls.   Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:31 pm

Seriously, having a mouse with only one button is like having a car with only the gas pedal.

Maybe Toyota can help Apple make one of those.

PostSubject: Re: Why Macs sucks donkey balls.   Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:09 pm

Ugh... Ignorance...

This is single-handedly THE stupidest argument ever.

This is exactly like arguing about which is better, an Xbox360, or a PS3. Both are game systems, sure, but they each fit different type of people. For people that want to use a game system solely for gaming, get an Xbox360. For people who want to use a game system a little bit for gaming, some time for watching movies, and some time for browsing the internet, get a PS3. It all boils down to HUMAN OPINION in the end.

I hate these arguments, they lead absolutely nowhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Macs sucks donkey balls.   

Back to top Go down

Why Macs sucks donkey balls.
Page 1 of 1